Monday, February 7, 2011

SEX && the spark

Along with this weekend and my mixed-up, mashed-potato mess of men... can you have great sex without 'the spark'?

I feel there should be no need to explain 'the spark' however, here it is: The spark is that grandiose feeling of I WANT YOU NOW.. all over, around and in me.

On the lighter side of things its the feeling that you can't wait to see them next and you get the giggly butterfly feeling. (Even if you are black hearted like my best friend K. no giggles = no spark)

Some people swear by the rule that it grows on you.. that people can learn to love each other. To me that sounds like a ridiculous, made-up theory to help out idiots in arranged marriages.

Now, don't get me wrong I do believe that love grows.. what I don't believe is that you should settle for anything less than the spark! If and when you enter the relationship phase.. a spark must be present. If it's not than aren't you just settling??

And what is the point of settling? Settling may be 'comfortable' but is it an adventure? I think not. And life is our biggest adventure... so why waste half of it being tied to someone your comfortable with?

Now is the following a contradiction??? ... what if your flirt friend grows on you so much over the years that 2 years into it... the spark appears?

Something to ponder... but as far as sex is concerned? Absolutely no way in hell is it possible to have great sex without Mr. Spark. As my best friend R. said last night... I simply will stick to my purple friend until Mr. Spark appears :)


J.

No comments:

Post a Comment